This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3829 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Smith J. & J. T. of Kendal, Westmorland A brief document giving some working dates for J. and J. T. Smith of Kendal and 3 photos of a pocket watch by them. (24 Nov 2015)
- Fenwick, T.R. of Grays, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for T.R. Fenwick of Grays, Essex (21 Nov 2015)
- Fairey, Richard of London A brief document giving some working dates for this maker. (21 Nov 2015)
- Husband, Thomas of Hull, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Husband of Hull. (Updated 20 Nov 2015)
- Hughes, Ezekeil of Machynlleth, Montgomeryshire, Wales. A brief document giving some working dates for Ezekiel Hughes of Machynlleth. (Updated 17 Nov 2015)
- Pike, Robert John of Coventry. A brief document giving some working dates for this watch casemaker called Robert John Pike of Coventry. (Updated 16 Nov 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock