This web site, run by Rosemary Harrison-Smith with the help of
Tony Harrison-Smith FBHI, was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3892 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Forestier, Leon of Coventry, Warwickshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Leon Forestier of Coventry and showing an advert and a business card from him. (Updated 26 Aug 2016)
- Martin, Joseph of Dublin, Ireland. A brief document giving some working dates for Joseph Martin of Dublin, Ireland and a photo of a longcase clock by him. (25 Aug 2016)
- Smith, Alexander or Andrew of Tranent near Edinburgh, Scotland. A brief document giving some working dates for Alexander/Andrew Smith of Tranent near Edinburgh, Scotland. (Updated 25 Aug 2016)
- Barfoot, Cornelius Henry of London, Bournemouth and Huntingdon. A brief document giving some working dates for Cornelius Henry Barfoot of London, Bournemouth and Huntingdon. (Updated 23 Aug 2016)
- Crow, William of Stratford East, London. A brief document giving some working dates for William Crow of Stratford East, London. (Updated 22 Aug 2016)
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock