This web site, ru by Rosemary Harrison-Smith with the help of
Tony Harrison-Smith FBHI, was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3842 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Wegg, Nathaniel of Deptford, Kent. A brief document giving some working dates for Nathaniel Wegg of Deptford. (Updated 05 Feb 2016)
- Beamont, Edmund Wegg of Hull, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Edmund Wegg Beamont of Hull. (Updated 02 Feb 2016)
- Estwick, Thomas of London A brief document giving a single approximate working date for Thomas Estwick of London. (Updated 02 Feb 2016)
- Benson, J. W. of London. A brief document giving some working dates for J.W. Benson, This page also gives some ideas on the dates that various serial numbers were used on their watches as well as several photos of items by them. (Updated 29 Jan 2016)
- Snidall, James of Sheffield, Yorkshire. A brief document giving some working dates for James Snidall of Sheffield, Yorkshire. (28 Jan 2016)
- Walder, Thomas of Arundel, Sussex. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Walder of Arundel, Sussex. (28 Jan 2016)
- Fitt, John of Aylsham, Norfolk. A brief document giving some working dates for John Fitt of Aylsham, Norfolk. (25 Jan 2016)
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock