This web site, run by Rosemary Harrison-Smith with the help of
Tony Harrison-Smith FBHI, was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3861 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Weaver, George of Droitwich, Worcestershire. A brief document giving some working dates for George Weaver of Droitwich, Worcestershire. (03 May 2016)
- Johnson, Albert Edward of Birkenhead, Cheshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Albert Edward Johnson of Birkenhead (02 May 2016)
- Gramlick, Charles John of Chelmsford, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for Charles John Gramlick of Chelmsford. (30 Apr 2016)
- Carswell, Joseph of Hastings, Sussex. A brief document giving some working dates for Joseph Carswell of Hastings, Sussex and 1 photos of a clock dial bearing his name. (27 Apr 2016)
- Eames Family of Bath, Somerset. A brief document giving some working dates for members of the Eames Family of Bath and shows 5 photos of a clock by Jacob Eames. (Updated 26 Apr 2016)
- Forber, Joshua of Liverpool, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for Joshua Forber of Liverpool. (21 Apr 2016)
- Fletcher of Leominster, Herefordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Fletcher of Leominster, Herefordshire with 6 photos of the longcase clock. (20 Apr 2016)
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock