This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,756 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3809 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Burfield, Robert. of Arundel, Sussex. A brief document giving some working dates for Robert. Burfield of Arundel . (Updated 01 Aug 2015)
- Ridgway, James and Harriet of Portwood, Stockport, Cheshire. A brief document giving some working dates for James and Harriet Ridgway of Stockport, Cheshire. This page shows photos of family members (31 Jul 2015)
- Bell and Atkinson of Lancaster A brief document giving some working dates for Bell and Atkinson of Lancaster and shows 3 photos of a clock by them. (Updated 29 Jul 2015)
- Payne, William of Deal, Kent. A brief document giving some working dates for William Payne of Deal. (Updated 27 Jul 2015)
- Kern, Joseph of Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales. A brief document giving some working dates for Joseph Kern of Swansea. (Updated 27 Jul 2015)
- Foulsham, James of Norwich, Norfolk. A brief document giving some working dates for James Foulsham of Norwich. (Updated 20 Jul 2015)
- Brown, Nathaniel of Manchester A brief document giving some working dates for Nathaniel Brown of Manchester . (Updated 20 Jul 2015)
- Bloor, John of Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for a father and son called John Bloor of Newcastle-under-Lyme and 4 photos of a watch by one of them. (Updated 20 Jul 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock