This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,743 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3796 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
Quick links to library documents :-
If your clock or watch maker is not already listed on this website, you can request
that we look into adding them by
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Weatherhead family of Kirkby Lonsdale. A brief document giving some working dates for the Weatherhead family of Kirkby Lonsdale and shows 4 photos of 2 clocks by Miles Weatherhead. (Updated 20 Apr 2015)
- Deverell, John of Winslow, Buckinghamshire. A brief document giving some working dates for, John Deverell of Winslow and shows 8 photos of 3 clocks by him. (17 Apr 2015)
- Viner, Charles Edward of London. A brief document giving some working dates for Charles Edward Viner of London. (Updated 15 Apr 2015)
- Avenall (or Avenell), William of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Common and Portsea A brief document giving some working dates for this William Avenall (or Avenell) of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Common and Portsea (Updated 15 Apr 2015)
- Lovejoy, T of Wimbledon and Hastings An apparently undocumented maker or retailer, this page shows 6 photos of a clock with this name on it and a 3 part advert. If anyone has information on T Lovejoy of Wimbledon and Hastings, please let us know. There is FREE access to this page. (Updated 14 Apr 2015)
- Cox, Jason of Long Acre, London A brief document giving some working dates for this maker. This page shows 8 photos of a Scull watch by him. (Updated 14 Apr 2015)
- Whitchurch, Samuel of Kings Wood, Bristol, Somerset. A brief document giving a single working date for Samuel Whitchurch of Kings Wood, Bristol, this page also shows 6 photos of a clock with his name on it. (Updated 13 Apr 2015)
- Coates (or Coats), James of Horncastle A brief document giving some working dates for James Coates (or Coats) of Horncastle. (Updated 13 Apr 2015)
- Cooper, Thomas of Tamworth, Staffordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Cooper of Tamworth showing 6 photos of a clock with this name on it. (Updated 09 Apr 2015)
- Windsor, James of London. A brief document giving some working dates for two makers with the name James Windsor of London, also 5 photos of a watch by one of them. (Updated 08 Apr 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock