This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,757 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3809 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Hinderwell, John of Norton and Stockton, Durham. A brief document giving some working dates for John Hinderwell of Norton and Stockton. (Updated 02 Jul 2015)
- Beale, Joseph of Twickenham, Middlesex. A brief document giving some working dates for Joseph Beale of Twickenham. (Updated 01 Jul 2015)
- Heap, John of Burnley, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Heap of Burnley, Lancashire and shows 3 photos of 2 watch movements by him. (30 Jun 2015)
- Farquharson, Donald of Perth, Scotland A brief document giving some working dates for Donald Farquharson of Perth. (Updated 25 Jun 2015)
- Curry, William Bentham of Spennymoor, Durham. A brief document giving some working dates for this William Bentham Curry of Spennymoor. (24 Jun 2015)
- Webb, R of Plaistow, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for Webb, R of Plaistow. (24 Jun 2015)
- Blakeborough, Richard of Pateley Bridge and Otley A brief document giving some working dates and a bit if history for Richard Blakeborough of Pateley Bridge and Otley. (Updated 24 Jun 2015)
- Clark, Barron of Peterborough, Northamptonshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Barron Clark of Peterborough and showing 1 photo of his shop and 2 photos of a longcase with his name on it. (22 Jun 2015)
- Jackson, William of Frodsham, Cheshire. A brief document giving some working dates for three generations of makers called William Jackson of Frodsham. (Updated 22 Jun 2015)
- Jackson, William of Liverpool. A brief document giving some working dates for two makers called William Jackson of Liverpool.This page shows 1 photo of a wall clock by one of them. (Updated 22 Jun 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock