This web site was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3815 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Brett, Thomas of Portsmouth, Hampshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Brett of Portsmouth, Hampshire (08 Oct 2015)
- Sharp, Thomas of Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Sharp, of Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. (07 Oct 2015)
- Beavis, William of London. A brief document giving some working dates for this maker and five phoots of a longcase clock by him. (06 Oct 2015)
- Benjamin, L. of Chatham, Kent An apparently undocumented maker or retailer and 5 photos of a watch by them. If anyone has information on this person/company or trademark, please let us know. There is FREE access to this page. (06 Oct 2015)
- Fritz & Faller - Fritz. M. of Birmingham, Warwickshire. A brief document giving some working dates for Fritz & Faller and M. Fritz of Birmingham. (Updated 02 Oct.2015)
- Derwood, William of London A brief document giving some working dates for William Derwood of London. (Updated 28 Sep 2015)
A list of the books and trade directories used in our searches
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock