This web site, run by Rosemary Harrison-Smith with the help of
Tony Harrison-Smith FBHI, was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3911 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Burton, Walter of Grimsby, Lincolnshire A brief document giving some working dates for Walter Burton of Grimsby, Lincolnshire and showing a picture of a presentation box for his business. (Updated 27 Oct 2016)
- Handley, John of Runcorn, Cheshire. A brief document giving some working dates for John Handley of Runcorn. This page contains 2 photos of a clock by this maker (Updated 24 Oct 2016)
- Hill, Thomas of Barton Upon Humber A brief document giving some working dates for Thomas Hill of Barton Upon Humber. (Updated 21 Oct 2016)
- Fillery Family of Eastbourne, Sussex. A brief document giving some working dates for the Fillery Family of Eastbourne. (Updated 20 Oct 2016)
- Brumhead, John of Stamford A brief document giving some working dates for two makers called John Brumhead of Stamford. (Updated 20 Oct 2016)
- French, Richard Arthur of Halstead, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for Richard Arthur French of Halstead, Essex. (19 Oct 2016)
- Hollison, Alexander of Liverpool, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for Alexander Hollison of Liverpool, this page shows 8 photos of a watch with this name on it. (Updated 18 Oct 2016)
- Sanders, J. of Sheffield, Yorkshire. A brief document giving a working era for J. Sanders of Sheffield and showing 2 photos of a clock bearing his name. (Updated 18 Oct 2016)
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock